Shingle Installation in Baton Rouge, LA
Shingle Re-Roofing in Northshore & Surrounding Areas
Your roof is critical to protect your home or business against wind, rain, and hail. As your roof ages, it becomes worn down and must be replaced when it is typically 20 years or older. Roofs Restored & Faithful Gutters has served thousands of happy customers when they need thorough shingle installation or re-roofing in Baton Rouge, LA. We’re a community-driven team of professionals here to help you with flexible appointments that fit your needs.
Pros & Cons of Shingles
You can choose multiple types of shingles for your roof, but the most common is asphalt.
- 3-tab: Though the most affordable option with the lowest wind rating, 3-tab shingles are still a viable option to protect your home for a budget price. Ask us if 3-Tab shingles are the right fit for your home.
- Architectural: The most common asphalt shingle on the market, the architectural shingle is oftentimes rated for 130 mph wind speeds and offers great impact protection as well. Some architectural shingles can be more resilient than others depending on the manufacturer and shingle class. Ask us which shingle would be best for you and your home.
- Designer: Not only will your home stand out from all the others with these unique, premium designs, but designer shingles are often the highest impact and wind resistant rated asphalt shingles on the market. Do you want a roof that will likely last 40 years? Well, here you go. Ask us for more information.
Shingled roofing offers these advantages over other roofing types:
- Cost-effective: Shingles are easy to install and are made of recycled asphalt for a low overall cost. This makes shingles the choice of many home and business owners who need a long-lasting, budget-friendly material.
- Low maintenance: Shingles are easy and affordable to maintain because they’re simple to walk on or replace if the storm damages them. They also don’t add significantly more weight to your roof, unlike clay or metal, which may need extra reinforcements.
Overall, shingles are beneficial for many reasons, with a typical lifespan of about 20 years. However, they do have some cons, including:
- Shorter lifespan: Depending on how often you maintain your roof and the thickness of the shingles, they can last over 20 years. However, other options like metal or clay can last twice as long with a much more significant investment.
- Low versatility: Shingles don’t come in a large variety of colors, unlike tile or metal, which has multiple color and pattern options. However, this doesn’t mean shingles are outdated, as they’re the most common home choice.
Roofs Restored & Faithful Gutters is here to help you make the right decision for your home. There's no one else to count on for quality shingle installation and re-roofing services in Baton Rouge.
Colin Odinet, was very good at his job and very helpful in explaining what would happen.CHARLES FREEMAN
This is the 1st time I've ever had to go through a new roof installation, and they both answered all of my questions, and walked me through the process. 5 Star service (out of 5 stars).JOHN BICKFORD
After the claim was approved I had a brand new fantastic roof within a week.SCOTT MAGIDSON
WOW, thanks to Trey Harris and Tony Dunn my roof looks awesome!!WILLIAM MIDGETT
I couldn’t even tell they had been working because the clean up was so good!!KATHY RODESTA
Thank you so much, Mrs Debra. She was one in a million.BOBBY TAYLOR
She was awesome and it was a pleasure working with her.KATHIE TAYLOR
He was very professional and helped me with every step with my insurance company.KEVIN VINYARD
Do I Need a Roof Replacement?
You don’t need a roof replacement if you notice minor problems like damaged shingles or small leaks that can be repaired. However, as your roof ages and repairs become more frequent, you can consider re-roofing instead of a repair for a more long-term solution. Signs it’s time for a replacement instead of a repair include curled or cracked shingles, damaged flashing, and multiple leaks or water damage.
Curled or cracked shingles not caused by a storm are often the result of poor ventilation and overheating. Similarly, damaged flashing makes your roofing materials vulnerable to water and pests that can cause long-term water damage. If you’re unsure whether you need a new roof or if shingles are the right material for you, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced professionals. We’ve spent over 20 years caring for our community when they need the best shingle installation and re-roofing services in Baton Rouge.